Thursday, May 8, 2008

To start this blog...

I had planned to have my first entry something else, but after writing all of this in the "ABOUT ME" section, and then being told it was too long (which is so typical) I decided instead of deleting it all, I would post it as my first entry to get the ball rolling. This is going to be fun!

I hope by being someone who is reading my blog, that you already know most of the basics about me. But if for some reason you don't... then I'll share just the top 5 facts of what make me-ME! and these are in no particular order....

#1.KANSAS I live here, I love it here, I consider it home and it took me forever to be able to come back here, so don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

#2 FAMILY -The first word that popped into my head was "crazy," but that is an adjective that can explain so many things. Feel free to put it in front of any of the following to describe the hilarious bunch that I call my family. -Fun, Close, Real, Loyal, Honest, Loving, Talkative, Active, and Supportive


#3 FAITH- That is definitely the most general word I could come up with to describe my relationship with God, but faith is the basis for a lot of things. It's what reminds me of who I really am, and it's what gets me through each and everyday!

#4 PEOPLE- I love people..all kinds. it's kinda crazy how much I love being around people actually. I would say that 80% of my thoughts in a day are usually about the people in my life. how they've made me laugh, what they've taught me, how my life is "changed for the better" (shameless WICKED plug) because they have been in it, and what I can do to express gratitude for them. I am in awe at how many people I have been able to meet throughout my many life experiences and how deeply I care for so many of them. Although I am quite comfortable with alone time once in awhile, my life is so much more enriched because of the people in it!

#5 FUN- I am a huge supporter of healthy recreation. That's why I spent thousands of dollars going to college to get a degree in it. I believe that having FUN is the best tool to unite all of the above: people, families, communities, and yes there can even be a sense of spirituality to it!
Let the games begin!

17 comments:

Alisa said...

yeah!! i'm the first to post a comment on your blog! i'm so happy that you're doing this! now i can always know what you're doing!!

The Mercer Family said...

YEAH!!! I'm soooo glad you decided to do this! It will be so fun to read about everything you're doing and see pics! My blog is www.themercerfam.blogspot.com. Good to see you're well! Kisses!

The Mercer Family said...

ohhh... it was a race to see who would get their post on first... guess I lost ..LOL hehe See how popular you are already? :)

chris1916 said...

You didn't make mention of your good friends here in Utah. Do we not exist anymore? Glad to hear everything is going great for you! Come visit us again.
"Uncle" Chris

Keirsten said...

I love that you started a blog! Hope to see you in May!

Anonymous said...

I love the iceskating picture of you!

Cougarg said...

Man, six posts in the last hour, you ARE popular. Check out my blog, you'll know who I am when you do. ;)

Adam and Shari Crawford said...

Yes!!!! Now I can read your life!!! You are the best. Our blog is http://adamandsharicrawford.blogspot.com
Love you tons!!
Shari

Krystal Trapnell said...

Welcome to the blogger world. It took you long enough. Love you and can't wait to catch up with all that you do!

Jenn said...

Hello! So nice to see you are blogging. :)

AdrianneJayne said...

Yay! We found each other on Blog too! It will be sad without Bremen at home, but at least we have each other! yAYYY! I love the post!

April said...

welcome to the world of blogging...
so addicting

lex said...

Yay, I knew you would do it eventually! I'm excited to read about your adventures.

Karen Ruth said...

So, even though I see you often, I will definitely enjoy checking your blog!

keighty said...

so i was going to leave you a comment, and then i started singing the "log" song from ren and stimpy, replacing "log" with "blog."

that's going to be in my head all day. thanks.

Megan said...

You're such a freakin' rockstar, Tiff. Thanks for calling me the other day. I love to know that people think of me sometimes. :)

momdopp1 said...

wow!! reading about kansas and matt brought me right back to when you were 16...you two were absolutely crazy fun!! (and yes..i saw wicked in chicago...LOVED IT!!!)
love to you!! mom dopp