
Kansas EFY..it's like music to my ears! I love this session! Whether I am a youth or a counselor, it always was, and continues to be, a fantastic experience every year!

Here are the youth I claimed as mine during the week. We were the company named "Shaken in Mind." After being in Nauvoo with 16-18 yr olds, I was blessed with the Kansas experience of 14 & 15 yr olds. They're definitely different! Still fun, just different

I love the Lied Center at KU! We pretty much live in this building all week long. Classes, devotionals, the fireside, testimony meetings, variety show, musical program, etc all take place in this beautiful performing arts center. We are so spoiled! Both years as a counselor, I was asked to sing. Singing for the youth in the Lied Center is pretty much the coolest thing ever! Forget the American Idol finale @ the Kodak Theatre. EFY @ the Lied Center is what I'm talking about!!

This is Adrianne. She is awesome. I love her a lot. She was one of the youth in my group (The Wrath to Come) back when I was a counselor here in Kansas in 2004. She's all grown up and a counselor too now (and no surprise-she's still amazing!) We had fun being together again!

Here are some of the youth of "Shaken in Mind" during the service project. This year EFY had the kids loom hats for babies.

The banquet and last dance of the week are "Best Dress," without fail, as a counselor, I'm so busy helping the girls get ready, I never have time to do my own hair. It's become a tradition, I've decided. But hey, at least I had red shoes on! That's always fun!

I love the Ballroom at the Kansas Union. Again, we are so spoiled to be able to use such nice facilities at KU. This is where all of our dances took place during EFY.

I can't think of a better way to describe my week of Kansas EFY than with the look on my face in this picture. At times, I thought the chaos would never end. Oh the youth...gotta love 'em!
I love Jake! He was my Co-counselor for the week. We got along really well and had so much fun in the process of everything. I survived the week's chaos thanks to him!
2 comments:
Tiff, I can't even read this post. It makes me homesick for EFY. I loved my week in Lawrence!
Hey Tiff.....how fun!! EFY!! You look so cute! I know Adrianne....she's so great! Her sister, Maggie, and I were companions on the mission!!
Post a Comment