
We arrived in Nauvoo early enough to be able to attend the last night of the Nauvoo pageant. I cry everytime! Honestly folks, it's Nauvoo, how could I not get a little choked up?!

To say I was excited to be back in Nauvoo was an understatement!

I had even started to make friends with the animals in town. And although I know this is a picture of an ox, I can admit an EFY first for me, I had a COW!!! (If you don't know EFY lingo to know what that means...just ask me)
I love this picture. There were about 220 of us at this session of EFY and it was quite the site to see the gospel being studied by the youth in such a beautiful and sacred setting along the Mississippi River.
This is where we, the "Rockwell Family," had gospel study together every morning.

The youth of the Rockwell Family were fantastic! We all had so much fun together. Even though it was just a matter of David being double-jointed, we definitely took advantage of the opportunity to go for the shock effect with the health counselors.
I honestly can not remember the last time I laughed as much as I did with these 3 Co-counselors (Ben, Tommy & Alyssa). We got along so well, and absolutely loved working together. To say we had family unity was an understatement, because we could not get enough of each other. I think I forgot there were even other counselors at the session because I just loved this Rockwell Team so darn much! (This picture is when we told the youth we were just going to start randomly posing. Oh and Alyssa is re-enacting what Tommy came up to her and did at the dance during the song "You say it best, when you say nothing at all"-awkward)
Here I am as proud "Mama Tiffanie" (in the blue) with all of the youth of the "Rockwell Family". I seriously loved these kids! We are standing infront of the land once owned by Porter Rockwell, close friend and self-appointed body guard of the prophet Joseph Smith.
The week could not have been brought to a better end than with an amazing show by BYU's accapella group "Vocal Point." I know a guy or two or three in it and as you can see, the kids seriously had a great time! (If you look closely, my COW is in this picture)I had debated for a couple of days whether or not to work this session of EFY and I am so glad I chose to accept the offer! I could not have asked for a more amazing group of kids who loved Nauvoo, loved each other, and loved us as crazy counselors. (And I'm not lying when I say we were a bit nutty). When the week came to an end, it was the first time since going to EFY as a youth that I didn't want the week to end and I felt like I could have just stayed there loving every moment with those people. Awww! EFY--you bring such joy to my life!
9 comments:
As a non-EFY attender, I don't know what a COW is...Fill me in.
How fun! EFY and Nauvoo together would be amazing.
Loved the cow photo, Tiffany. Looks like you had a ball!
Scott
Tiff, I'm so sorry that I haven't explained EFY very well to Megan. I have filled her in on the COW.
Awww! I LOVE efy! I wish I could've done a nauvoo session! Oh well, maybe next summer! I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! I love the picture!
I am sorry it took so long to get you on our blog. I am glad you are on it now. Hope everything is going well!
Tiff, I'm finally checking your blog!! It looks great. Check out ours: verrycherry.blogspot.com. And, Mike's (my husband) is looking at a job in Wittchita (sp) Kansas. Three hours from your home town, right? We should talk.
Hey HOTTIE! I miss u. We hardly talk x] since dad has to pay for texting now..
anyhoo.. what is happening?
LOVE U AND MISS U! I'll see u Oct 17!
iheartme_holly
Post a Comment