It's true, I had just come from Nauvoo after finishing my last EFY session, but seriously folks, is it possible to get sick of that beautiful town? I think not! In fact, my summer of EFYs had come to an end and after focusing on the youth for so many weeks, it was time for me to focus on my own needs and make some life decisions. So Mom and I headed straight to the temple. Have I ever mentioned just how much I love this temple?!?!

Our family has been to Nauvoo many times. We all had gone up for the pageant in July, but it was great to play personal tour guide for Mom and point out some fun stories I had learned from EFY. We saw some sites and watched the "Emma" movie, and on top of that, we were able to see Vocal Point!!!
Now let's be honest, if you read my previous blog about EFY Nauvoo Session 2, you'll remember that BYU Vocal Point was in Nauvoo "on tour".

I had already seen them perform during EFY week, and I knew my Mom would LOVE seeing them. Then again, who wouldn't?! They're super fun, they sound amazing and well, it's always an added bonus when this happens:

It's all about who you know, but SSSSHHHHH! Don't tell anyone!
It's true, I know a handful of the guys in the group. Two are brothers-Eric and Scott. I have known their older brothers (Alan & Michael) for going on 10 years now. Their Dad was also my institute teacher in Orem at one point.
And then there's my friend, Buck. Isn't he fun!? He's amazingly talented. It's pretty much awesome! People like that are just cool. Buck and I actually met 4 years ago when we were EFY counselors together at BYU. We've crossed paths every so often and been able to chat over the past few years. We even ran into each other this summer at the MTC during Mission Presidents' Seminar. Small World! It was fun to see him again. He's hilarious!

So Mom and I joked we had become Vocal Point groupies because we actually went to the show both nights we were in town. By the end of the trip, Mom was declared "Super Fan," as she'd rattle off the names and some fast facts of all the members of the group. She always made sure to focus on the really important facts, like which of the guys are still single, etc. I think they definitely got a kick out of us.

We really lucked out too since they had moved the performance both nights to the indoor stage at the Visitor's Center due to potential rain, which meant we didn't have to swat the bugs that gather there by the Mississippi River. LUCKY US! Overall, it was a great trip! Mom and I should have done something like that together a long time ago!
4 comments:
Oh geez.
How did you like the Emma Smith movie? I have been curious about it.
Congrats on getting the job in Utah! I Know you will do great. Have a fun weekend with your brother's wedding.
OH MY GOSH!!!! YOU ACTUALLY WENT UP THERE!!! Was it Grace Kelly? HEHEHEHEHE. WOW Super coool.
Oh and by the way.. here's the answer to your question you left on my blog:
"Who are you and what have you done with my neice?"
ANSWER: I am a child of god. A sexy one at that ;]
LOL I LOVE ME!!!
Post a Comment