1. I don't chew gum. I think it's gross. It's not that I WON'T chew it, I just don't. If offered, I will always turn it down, so please don't be offended. It started back when I got my braces on 15 years ago, and I just never found much interest in it ever again. I am a mint girl.
2. I still sleep with my Cabbage Patch Doll, Michelle. My Mom made her for my 5th birthday. She goes everywhere with me. Go ahead-laugh it up!

3. I had two separate pen pals when I was a kid. (Holly in Washington and Evan in New Jersey). I can't remember how we found each other in the first place, but facebook has reconnected us after all these years. I should ask them if they remember.
4. I'm a "destroyer"... ha ha ha. Basically if I have anything crushable in my hand, it will eventually be broken. Plastic cups are probably my victims most often. They always end up shredded. This does come in handy sometimes though, as I often find myself breaking apart cereal boxes (a trait I discovered I must have inherited from my Grandma Buonafede), crushing milk cartons and shredding paper by hand. PS...although I'm not a tree hugger, I would like to put a plug in for recycling all of the above items (Kevin, are you proud?)
5. Speaking of Grandmothers- I have hands just like my Grandma Player. Sadly the first time we noticed, was at her funeral. You can't see her hands in this picture...but This is Grandma & Grandpa Player!

6. I love soup. It's my favorite food. Especially anything with a chicken broth base. Throw in some bread and I am a happy girl!
7. My first concert was New Kids on the Block- Jan 1990. I was almost 10 yrs old. It started me on the trail of Boy Band craziness, which eventually led me to attending a 98 degrees concert, Backstreet Boys and multiple Nsync concerts. (Nsync was always my favorite-hands down!)-oh those were some crazy fun times! It's amazing how much "boy band concert style" evolved in just a matter of 10 years...


8. I'm a little bit of a germaphobe. I carry hand sanitizer with me at all times. I guess traveling and working with kids will do that to you. GermX smells the best if you ask me.

9. I'm easy-(spread that around)...ha ha...That was for you, Mariel. No, but I do like to cuddle...kinda a lot actually.
10. I consider my family to be my very best friends. Even putting the whole "being related" thing aside-they're all just great people. My life is better because they are in it! This is a fun picture of the "originals"..my sisters-in-law and nieces are rather amazing as well. I just don't have a picture of all 17 of us together.

11. Although I always loved to sing, I never actually did anything with my voice until I was 21 years old. (and that only happened because I went on a mission and an Elder tried to play a prank on me by signing me up for a musical number in the MTC. I did it, just to show he "hadn't won" and now, I couldn't thank him enough for it.)
12. I played the clarinet for 3 years (grades 3-6) and the French Horn for 7 years (grades 7-12 and a year at BYU). Yep- I was a band nerd, and LOVED every minute of it!
13. I have had about 60 roommates since graduating from High School. I can remember the names of 52 of them.
14. I had lived in 7 different places by the time I was 12 years old.
15. I dry heave when I pass road kill on the Interstate...just ask Laura.
16. For the past 10 years, I have worn a yellow shirt on my birthday. It all started because of Krystal, my freshman roommate, in the dorms at BYU. Oh what a great birthday that was!
(This picture is last year's birthday-2008)

(and this is from this year's birthday-2009)- I had the sweater off most of the night-but I got cold.
17. I have never been pulled over for speeding (probably because *NEWSFLASH* I don't speed. That's one way to avoid it)
18. I never sneeze just once, sometimes it goes on and on and on and....(Without me knowing, a classmate counted one time during my sneeze attack. He said I had sneezed 27 times in a row!!) It's a family thing. We all do it!
19. I keep a planner and write down everything I do on a daily basis.
20. Speaking of calendars/planners...I have an incredible memory for dates and have been told I have a "calendar brain." It freaks people out sometimes
21. The funniest job I ever had was one summer when we were home from school and my best friend, Matt, and I got paid to sit on a corner in Kansas City and count license plates that went through the intersection. He kept track of the Missouri plates and I counted all of the Kansas plates.
22. I still have my mission pillow. (The one everyone received from President & Hermana Clark their first night in the field) and I still use it too!!! (even though "PLAYER" has worn off)
23. I have a super sensitive nose. I can smell something rotting a mile away!
24. I hate doing dishes & laundry. I love cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming!
25. The Nauvoo Exodus site (at the end of Parley Street) on the Mississippi River is extremely symbolic for a few different reasons in my life. Come to Nauvoo with me, and I'll tell you why.
9 comments:
That picture of you and the matching doll is ADORABLE!
I don't chew gum either. people think I'm crazy. I just think it's gross so I made a new years resolution one year, and I haven't chewed a piece since.
Also, I'm totally a destroyer. I can't explain it. Things just crumble when they're in my hands.
Hey, Player. What's up?
my mom gave you a mission pillow? really?
The picute with #10 is the one that I TOTALLY remember seeing hung in your house in longwood! I love it!
Hmmm, I don't really like gum either. It makes my jaw tired.
Tiff, number 7 is the reason you love me so much.
have you smelled the orange scented germX? it's pretty yummy. and i love that you match your doll... my mom made me a matching outfit to my cabbage patch doll... but it was matched to my boy doll...
And you package your tomatoes in a small baggie on the side (with salt, of course).
And, I can't believe you've had 60 roommates!!!!
Glad we are blog friends now.
Post a Comment