On that same day, my best friend from BYU and long time roommate, (Summer) also had an ultrasound, discovering she would be having a baby girl. The most random part- Summer and Breckann had the same due date.
On the morning of July 9th (10 days or so ahead of her due date) Summer, in Provo, UT, called me to tell me she was in labor and heading to the hospital. About 2 hours later, My Mom called to tell me that Breckann, in Olathe, KS was in labor and heading to the hospital .
I spent the entire day, just super excited and waiting for baby news. I'd get updates from my Mom and random texts here and there from Summer and her husband, Ben, but soon midnight rolled around and still no babies. Summer's Mom called me from the hospital just after midnight and explained some of the crazy turns the delivery had taken, but all was well. Now the fun was just a matter of who would come first, my nephew or my "surrogate" niece.
Central time zone-
July 10th, 2009 at 2:43am
Davin Storm Player entered the world and joined the Player family. As is the tradition with Martin & Breckann-Davin was named after a Star Wars character. click here

Martin and his son -sooo cute!
Aunt Tiffanie officially welcomes you to the family, Davin!

Also on July 10, 2009, just 27 minutes behind Davin (Mountain Time zone)
Eleanor Lee Lewis was born at 2:10am. Summer's Mom sent me a picture right away with her camera phone to give me the "official news." I was at the hospital first thing the next morning in Provo to visit Summer and meet baby Ellie.
With ultrasounds on the same day, same due dates, and arriving early with the same birthday, I'm convinced Davin and Ellie are destined to marry each other! Summer says, "Player would be a really cool last name!"..... (I agree)



4 comments:
Oh Tiff, how I love you!
Congrats! Those are some dang cute babies.
I love babies..and I responded to your posts on my own wall.
That's really funny that they came on the same day. Also, I'd never heard that Davin story before. I feel, somehow smarter since I've read that blurb.
Congratulations! So cute!
Post a Comment