Let me preface this next part by saying, it is RARELY the kids and teens that cause me any kind of grief at work. That being said-this past week at work has not been the best. I won’t go into too many details, but I have seriously experienced more feelings of frustration in the past 5 work days with other staff than I think I usually do over a 5 week span of time. Summertime is SUPER busy for me and I am a one man show running 6 programs (7 during the school year). Talk about stress! I have been consistently disappointed, grumpy, complaining, angry, snappy, impatient and many other characteristics with co-workers that I don’t enjoy seeing appear from myself. I usually have great relationships with my co-workers, but I had reached beyond my breaking point. I decided I needed to do something to take care of me. I scheduled an appointment with my massage therapist friend, Sarah, and ends up-it was just what I needed.
As I started to relax, I started to think of how much I truly love my job. Even on days when I’m upset, quitting never crosses my mind. That’s just not the way my brain works. I went through each day of the past week in my head and I decided to focus on these moments:
(Instead of the moments when apparently stupidity seems to have taken over for some people). These pics are from the past 3 days: Yeah, I definitely have nothing to complain about. Thanks for listening! :)
Wed: Hiking to Bells Canyon Reservoir in Little Cottonwood Canyon w/ my substance abuse Recreation Therapy group (This was probably one of my favorite hikes I've done in Utah so far.)
Thursday: Archery w/ Boys Group home teens
If you look closely, you can see where I hit the bullseye. I was very excited!

Friday: (This morning) Scales & Tails came as part of my "Fun Fridays" summer program I plan for the kids.
1 comment:
Okay, the first two look fun. The snake, not so much...
Post a Comment