As you all know, I've moved to Utah. Before I update you all on how things have been going with the move, I wanted to quickly share the events of my final days in Kansas. They were some busy and fun ones!
Friday Oct 10th,
I had my last day working as a para educator at Lawrence Free State High School in the Special Education classroom. More specifically, I had spent those past 6 weeks working mostly with a particular student with Autism. I had been warned he was a challenge,(which he definitely was at times), but overall, I really enjoyed my time working with him, as well as with the other staff.
Other than having my last day of work, I was mostly excited for the events of that evening. One of my closest friends, Steve, had mentioned that he wanted to help organize one last fun evening for me, with some of my friends before I left. The result was what I like to call my very own "Fall Festival." It all started with us meeting at Panera Bread Company-My favorite restaurant! (Not found in Utah). I can't even tell you how much soup & bread bring joy to my life.
Then we headed about 30 mins away to Gardner, Kansas for the KC corn maze. My brother, Jonathan, and his wife, Cassie, met up with us there as well. We all had a great time together wandering around the corn maze (which was cut like a KU Jayhawk and basketball).
Some of the highlights of the corn maze were; Ali having her first experience using a "Johnny on the Spot," Steve jumping out of the corn and successfully scaring Erin, Ali & me just as we were about to take a picture, Jonathan buying a pumpkin, and me ending the adventure by sitting in pumpkin goo. Gross!

After the corn maze, most of us went over to Jonathan & Cassie's house where we had apple cider, hot chocolate, homemade pumpkin chocolate chip cookies (Thanks Cassie), candy, etc while we watched a scary movie (The Skeleton Key)- I didn't think it was very scary though. And of course, as tradition, we played Rock Band until about 2am.
No comments:
Post a Comment