Moving Day... It was crazy, stressful, intense, or maybe I should say TENSE? yeah..we won't go into detail, but let's just say it was a busy day for all involved. I spent most of the day in Olathe rearranging my belongings at my parents' house to have them packed most effectively for the trip to Utah.
That evening, my brother, Kevin, had planned a "TNT night" at the institute in Lawrence. TNT=Tron & Tiffanie.
Tron is one of Kevin's favorite movies from childhood. He usually holds an event about once a year to "initiate" all those who have never seen it. Games and food were present for those who had already been through Kevin's "initiation" before. I was grateful for the many people who showed up to bid me farewell.
I love the Lawrence University Ward. I always will. I can't begin to explain how blessed my life has been to know the people in that ward and to have had the experiences I had with them over the past year.
That night, after the TNT party, I had one last moving task. I was determined to figure out a successful way of transporting my bed out to Utah in my car. Steve agreed to help me and I can't even begin to tell you how badly, I wish I had taken a picture. If you ask me, it was easily one of the funniest things we have ever done!!! We were determined to be problem-solvers (I think Steve knew all along it wasn't going to work, but he didn't want to be the one to break the news to me). The box spring fit just snug enough in the back, with the backseat down. So the mattress was the only obstacle left to tackle. Steve successfully was able to fold it in half, but we had to debate between hot dog or hamburger style in literally STUFFING it into the backseat area. We opened the windows to make "more room," but Steve started to express his concern of ruining the mattress with all the "jamming" we had done, and finally (after pretty much laughing my head off at the whole sight of us doing this) I came to grips with the reality that there was just no way. Oh, if I had only taken a picture! I guess this is the best I can do to provide a visual
No comments:
Post a Comment