Sunday, May 16, 2010

All grown up...

People had been telling me for awhile that it was time. I'm a small person, however, so I never really felt an overwhelming urge to have a big bed. A twin bed has treated me just fine over the years. That's all I've known ever since I graduated from a crib and I've been just fine. I also had the personal debate about not wanting to get a big bed now, because if I'm used to having it all to myself now, then if and when I get married, I will have to adjust to sharing it. But let's be honest, that's a stupid reason...it was time.

I have a rather large room. it's much more space than one person actually needs. Last summer my niece, Holly, came to stay with me for a couple of weeks. She commented to me that my bedroom (with the tiny twin bed in it) had enough space that we could put a tent up. I almost took her up on that idea. That would have been fun.

Speaking of people visiting me, that's one of the reasons I finally gave in and decided it was time. My Mom was coming to stay with me for a week and I wasn't going to put up a tent, I didn't want to make her sleep in my tiny twin and I didn't really want to sleep on the floor or couch myself. So I gave in.

I received a larger than expected tax return this year, so I went for it! I spent one Saturday afternoon mattress shopping and that was enough for me. I hate shopping. I hate spending money. So even after all of my "around town" investigating, I bought my brand new QUEEN SIZE bed from Costco.

It was a very exciting adventure!


Special thanks goes to: my roommate, Shannon, for getting me into Costco with her card, and to my friend, Dallas, for providing the truck and his muscles to move the bed from the store to my bedroom.


I guess this is what being all grown up feels like!

(Yes, I kept my twin bed. Why not?)

7 comments:

Amander said...

I love that you kept both beds - I feel like there are always people who need/want a place to stay the night.

Stacey said...

cute bedding chica! and it IS about time...

Emily Gilgen said...

isn't it fun to be a grown-up? I did the same thing when I moved to Utah and finally got a room big enough for a big bed. I'll never go back.
I just found your blog, since apparently you've been secretly following mine, I thought I would seek you out. I love reading people's blogs.

The Kent Family said...

I love that Michelle is situated so perfectly on her usual spot! Congratulations on the upgrade!

jill said...

i love your yellow sheets :)

tara said...

you're hilarious...just though you should know in case you were wondering. i wish i lived within 10 miles of you so i could get a much needed ab workout by laughing uncontrollably. thanks for the fun!

Jenn said...

Wow! You do have a very large room. Fitting a queen AND a twin in there! Cool!