I only got sea sick on the first night right after we'd left the port of San Diego and headed out to sea. My body hated me. I couldn’t eat ANYTHING-which was beyond disappointing since the food was one of the things I was looking forward to the most. I laid in bed as much as possible that night. the sad part was I had gone 40 days without sugar. Being too sick to eat that first night just meant I ended up going for 41 days. The next day, however, I happily partook of lots of food, and plenty of sugar! This was my official moment of reunion.
We were at sea that whole day. I laid in the sun, read a book, took naps, ate food, ate ice cream, soaked my feet, did Sudoku puzzles, ate more ice cream and enjoyed the reality of doing absolutely nothing.
That night was formal dinner night. So this was our little group-all dressed up!
The next morning we officially arrived in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Yipppeee!!
Kelly and Amy headed off on their own excursion for the day, while Laura and I hopped in a van that took us a few miles outside of town for our BEAUTIFUL 3 Bay kayaking and snorkeling adventure. It was amazing!
We kayaked with a group of about 20 other kayaks along the shoreline of the Pacific Ocean. When we stopped at Santa Maria Bay, I was pretty excited because I'd never been snorkeling before. I screamed a lot under water. It was just amazing! I was rather enjoying my day!
We returned to the ship for the night and with as much sun and exercise as I'd had, I ate really well that night. No surprise that I once again cleaned my plate even after having 3 appetizers, a main course and the usual 2 or 3 desserts.
Our second day in Cabo San Lucas, All 4 of us (Laura, Amy, Kelly and I) took a catamaran excursion together. It was a perfect day. Warm sun, cool breeze, the scenery was gorgeous. This is the famous Cabo arch.
The best part of this excursion was on the way back! Our catamaran crew had prepared a yummy lunch and the 4 of us were loving life on the top of the catamaran.
Not to mention we had the best seats in the house when we saw WHALES!!! I was so excited. I seriously almost cried. "See a whale in the wild" has been on my bucket list for I don't know how long. They were two humpback whales- a baby and a Mother.
It was seriously one of the coolest (and most beautiful) things I've ever seen in my life! (yes, this picture is from my camera.-courtesy of Amy. I was too busy jumping up & down with excitement to take a decent picture)
Cabo San Lucas is huge on tourism (as you can see from the number of cruise ships in port that day).
We did what most tourists do and used our last couple of hours to do a little bit of shopping around town. (AKA-bartering with the natives). I will forever be grateful I went on a Spanish speaking mission. It worked out in our favor a time or two! Amy & Kelly bought these fun hats while in town.
Luckily, we got all of our shopping done before hurrying back onboard the ship. We actually were able to watch the sunset at sea that night. GORGEOUS!
The next day we were back at sea for the whole day heading back to San Diego. Laura and I pretty much just hung out around the ship the whole day. We taught ourselves to fold towel animals, ate more ice cream, did some onboard shopping, and I even squeezed in my moment of stardom with a little karaoke.

We arrived back in the port of San Diego early the next morning and headed to the airport for a little standby time. The San Diego airport has the coolest chairs I've ever seen at an airport.
We had no major problems getting on a flight back to Salt Lake City, and that was about the time that reality hit us that it was all over.
*Sidenote....I've decided cruises are the best vacations. Not only is it all inclusive (food, lodging, shows, etc) but you are literally taken care of and waited on everywhere you go. It's pretty much the one vacation where you can come home and feel like you don't need a vacation from vacation. Know what I mean? I bet they even would have packed my suitcases for me if I'd asked. ok...maybe not.
7 comments:
Looks like fun! My husband and I went on a cruise last year and came to the same conclusion, cruises are by far the best way to vacation. You are all taken care of, it's all inclusive, and it's one of the few ways to vacation where you can get truly relaxed. I love it! We're saving up for another one!
wow! those pictures looked amazing! i've gotta plan a cruise next time!
Wwow! That looks amaaaazing! If you ever find another steal of a deal, let me know... cause we definitely wanna go on a cruise sometime! I'm glad you got a nice break from reality! :)
It all looks amazing! Glad you had fun. I love cruises. I can't wait to go again. When are you going to come down and visit??
That sounds amazing!
That looks FUN!!!! I'm glad you were able to relax so much. The beach is seriously therapeutic.
Your pictures make me miss the beach. I always am sooooo relaxed after spending a few days on the beach.
Looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment