Monday, October 20, 2008

A Fall Full of Farewell Festivities Day 3

SUNDAY Oct 12th
After a normal day of church, I had only one request for how I wanted to spend my last Sunday. I wanted to reunite the "original dinner group." I have no idea why I started calling it that, but back on the first Sunday in February we all got together and had dinner, and we did it again on the Sunday after that, and the one after that and the one after that..and it continued for quite a few weeks with us just rotating between our houses. So I volunteered to make the food for another "Spain Night." (A Tiffanie favorite, of course). Tate was kind enough to let us use his house, since by then I had no place to call my home, and the soon-to-be house of Kevin & Amy was in complete disarray with all of the moving in & out activities that had been happening. Here was the menu for the night; Tortilla Espanola, Paella, Gazpacho, Ensalada de tomate y cebolla and Pan (bread).

Tate donated the kitchen, Erin made the gazpacho (it was perfect) and Steve helped me with pretty much all of the cooking. It was so fun to have everyone back together again...(and to have Tom back from Japan now so he could join us as well).

4 comments:

Jaymie Quigley said...

Ha,ha. You aren't the only one who can blog-stalk. Gottcha Tiff!

Justin said...

I can't wait to have Spain night here in Utah. Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

So you went back to Kansas after the wedding? Fun...

Of course it's a Player tradition to stay up way past midnight playing Rock Band. Only at our house, we can only stay up till midnight playing Rock Band, but we hear dad playing it afterwards anyway.
Love you!

Chelsea said...

mmm. paella. jealous. It's hilarious how everyone is in white-ish and then the Barkers.