Thursday, May 21, 2009

So back to my story...

about how age doesn't matter...

Ok, so here it is:

It is ridiculous how long it has taken me to write this. So you got the background story about Debbie, so now off we go to California!!! I'll mostly just explain through pictures.

This was me, anxiously waiting for our ride to the airport outside my house here in SLC. (I was excited and eager to go!)

We flew into the Orange County airport Friday afternoon. I know this is sterotyping, but how could I not laugh seeing this as soon as we walked outside the airport?


Greg picked us up and we headed off to meet up with Laura at her work carnival. Laura was pretty much my best friend on my mission. We once figured out that we were in the mission together for 14 months. For 9 of those 14 months we were either companions, in the same zone or lived together. Needless to say, I love her a lot! Some of my greatest mission memories are from times spent with Hermana Redford!

Greg and Laura dated for a solid amount of time before they got married in 2007, so I've known Greg for awhile now. He's hilarious! Things get pretty crazy when he and I are in the same room. Laura often just ends up shaking her head at the two of us and our random energy.

So Greg & Laura have been married for 2 years already, and I hadn't seen them since their wedding! (Which was just weird, considering I used to visit them about every 4-6 months). It was great to be with them again.

We spent that first evening spray painting kids' hair at Laura's work carnival, then hurried over to her sister, Katie's birthday party where I, of course, performed my crazy birthday dance for the Redford family. (Good thing they've known me for so many years-I have no shame).

Day 2- Saturday: We were excited to go to Newport Beach. It was HOT outside! Laura borrowed her Mom's convertible and we felt pretty cool driving through the OC with the top down!

Once we got closer to the beach, however, we realized the marine layer was causing a serious chill and it was NOT WARM! In fact, we stuck around for less than an hour because we were all freezing. None of us even got close to the water. We mostly hid under towels to keep warm and finally left. We went to the neighborhood pool by Laura's parents' house back "inland" instead. It was fun to bask in the sunshine for a few hours and then end the evening by initiating Debbie with her first In N Out experience. Always a treat!

Day 3: We went to church in the morning, and then strolled through the streets of downtown L.A. (Hollywood walk of fame) in the afternoon.

Day 4: DISNEYLAND!!!!

It was, of course, Debbie's first time, which made it even more magical!

I pretty much resort to acting like a small child whenever I am at Disneyland because I love it THAT much! The ride operators always look at me funny because I always make sure to inform them that "Hey... I'm so excited!" I guess I've been right all along "AGE DOESN'T MATTER!"



3 comments:

Amander said...

If Disneyland doesn't bring the kid out in you, there is something wrong. It IS magical!

tara said...

i wish i was you...seriously, life seems to be so much more fun when you're tiffanie player. since i can't ever actually BE you, i hope to at least get to know you better someday. i'm definitly bummed i never got to serve with you back in the day.
ps i heart disneyland probably more than my husband...don't tell
pss i got my mary kay stuff. thank you so much and i hope you at least got some sort of prize for all your hard work and patience. good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

Ah! I'm jealous! I want to go to Disneyland!